We often hang out at the Treehaus Collaborative Workspace, 79 Joseph St., Kitchener, N2G 1J2.
Still, it's a good idea to call ahead, 1-866-889-9155, or email email@example.com, to schedule a meeting or request a presentation.
Join the Co-op and Invest in our Renewable Energy Future
- Members and prospective members are invited to join us for a Potluck BBQ at the Treehaus, Sunday June 19, from 4 pm. That's Father's Day, so we'll be treating all fathers to a free ice cream and food! (OK, we'll be treating all members to a free ice cream and food, but definitely fathers.) Bring a dish to share if you can, or just bring yourself! We're happy to see you either way! Watch the mail for your invitation.
Local Initiative for Future Energy (LIFE) is a renewable energy co-operative based in Kitchener, Ontario. LIFE is one of Ontario's oldest - and largest - renewable energy co-operatives, working since 2006 to build community energy projects in Southern Ontario. LIFE is now an owner in 18 rooftop solar projects, representing over 3000 kW of clean energy. All our existing projects are under contract through Ontario's Feed-in Tariff program.
But the future - of LIFE, and of Ontario's energy system - is yet to be written. Join us as we explore new opportunities for community energy development and work together to build a sustainable energy infrastructure for our children.
- Provide clean energy to the Ontario grid!
- Enable community members to participate in renewable energy!
- Earn extra income for roof owners!
- Provide sound financial returns to member-investors!
Join the Co-op!A LIFE-time Membership Share costs only $75, and entitles you to vote on co-op business, to enjoy our investment opportunities, and to receive a share of the co-op's surplus profits when a surplus is declared. Read more about membership, or download a Membership Application Form.
Invest in our projects!LIFE Preference shares cost $50 each. We are currently inviting members to invest in Class A.3 Shares, available in bundles of 20 shares ($1000) per member per year. The funds will be used to finance research and development of a number of new project streams. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or if you are ready to invest you can download a Preference Shares Order Form and return it with payment to our office. Click here for an outline of our newest FIT project, the Moorefield Wind Project.
Stay up to date by subscribing to our mailing list (average one email per month).Tweet
LIFE Co-op does its thing at the Treehaus Collaborative Workspace, 79 Joseph St., Kitchener, N2G 1J2. We're often out on the road, so please call us at 1-866-889-9155, or email email@example.com, to arrange a meeting.